Nsw Roll of Legal Practitioners

The directory also contains details of accredited specialists in New South Wales (who may be from other Australian states and territories as well as New South Wales) and may include intergovernmental lawyers who have an office in New South Wales. Please note that the practitioners listed are members of the Law Society of NSW, who have indicated that they are also mediators. We do not collect information about their qualifications. The Law Society of NSW therefore recommends that you check the qualifications and suitability of the mediator for your case before engaging him. We recommend that you contact more than one mediator before making a decision. The Digital Filing System Portal (DLS Portal) allows law firms, lawyers and self-represented litigants to register, file documents, receive notifications and monitor the progress of their cases on an ongoing basis. To register your name in the High Court Register of Practitioners, you must currently be licensed to practise as a solicitor, solicitor, solicitor and solicitor, barrister and solicitor, or barrister in the Supreme Court of any state or territory. Although the counters are closed, we are still working in the registries and remotely to provide services and support to practitioners and litigants. Please email all your requests to the registries at ]]> ]]>This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it]]>. The LPAB offers the following services: maintains lists of lawyers and notaries, administers student examinations, processes applications for admission to the Bar, appointment as a notary public, registration as a law student, assesses the qualifications and experience of candidates from NSW or interstate or foreign countries for admission to the profession, accredits law courses and practical legal education courses in New South Wales, provides certificates, diplomas, academic records and other materials, and the Commission also provides application forms, information brochures and advice on its services. Eligibility to practise in a federal court is subject to eligibility to practise in the Supreme Court of a state or territory and entry in the Register of Practitioners maintained in the High Court of Australia under the provisions of section 55B of the Judiciary Act 1903 (Cth). The nature of the lawyer`s certificate does not necessarily reflect the lawyer`s position in the principal place of the firm or any other related practice.

Information about the status of a lawyer within a law firm should be obtained directly from the firm. The Legal Profession Admission Board (LBAB) of New South Wales is responsible for determining and approving the admission of lawyers and appointment as notaries. The Council also registers law students who obtain a law degree upon successful completion of the Council`s examinations and who meet the academic requirements for admission to the Bar. If the name on your certificate of registration is different from the name on your training certificate, you must explain this when you submit your application for registration in the register. This is usually a copy of a marriage certificate, change of name certificate or affidavit. No personal services are offered at the counter. Commercial use of this information is prohibited and is subject to our Terms of Use. Please read the Law Society`s Privacy Policy. Documents for cases must be submitted via the HCA DLS portal, further information about the DLS portal can be found here: www.hcourt.gov.au/digital-lodgment-system/digital-lodgment-system-information your application form must be sent with supporting documents by e-mail to ]]> >This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it]]>. Please include the Registry of Practitioners in the subject line. To change your name on the registry, you must contact the authority for your name change, such as a marriage certificate or change of name certificate and a recent lawyer`s certificate indicating the name under which you wish to practice.

If you cannot find the service you are looking for, please use the Company`s lawyer referral service. To change your contact details, including the new email address, company name and phone number, please contact the registry at registry@lawsociety.com.au or (02) 9926 0156. Requests should be emailed to ]]> ]]>This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ]]> with supporting documents. Website: search.records.nsw.gov.au/series/13667 State Records Authority of New South Wales are protected by copyright. For more information on the reuse of material from the collection, see Archives in Brief 74 – Research and Copyright.www.records.nsw.gov.au/state-archives/guides-and-finding-aids/archives-in-brief/archives-in-brief-74 Confirmation of registration in the register of practitioners can be obtained in writing upon payment of a search fee of USD 29.00 for a maximum of 10 names. Requests for formal registry searches should be directed to ]]> ]]>This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it]]>. Practitioners can check their own entry in the register free of charge. In order to change the property in which you are registered, you must provide a recent professional certificate indicating in which capacity you wish to practice.

For Crown employees, the entity where you are employed must have the legal right to practice before the Supreme Court of a state or territory. This right usually belongs to the Office of the Attorney General, the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, the Crown Prosecutor`s Office or similar bodies. If you are already registered in the Register of Practitioners, you can apply for a clearance certificate or a new registration certificate. The fee is $125.00. To request a certificate, please send an email to ]]> ]]>This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it]]>. You can also consult our list of registered foreign lawyers To be registered in the register of practitioners, please fill out the application form below. You must also provide a copy of your certificate of admission to the Supreme Court of your state or territory and a copy of your current internship certificate with the application form. Crown employees (see above) must provide a letter from your employer confirming your employment and eligibility to practise the profession with reference to the legal provision allowing you to practise without a lawyer`s certificate. It usually takes about 2 weeks for a letter to be provided confirming that your name has been entered in the practitioner register (although this may fluctuate depending on demand).

Office hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Documents must be filed Monday to Friday before 16:00. To be filed on that day, any act performed after 4:00 p.m. on a day is deemed to have taken place the day after the opening of the registry. The State Archives Act 1998 (NSW) provides for a general right of public access to government records that are at least 30 years old. For a recording to be available under the law, it must be subject to a “publicly available” instruction. Some records containing sensitive information may be closed for more than 30 years under the “closed to the public” direction.

For instructions, see: www.records.nsw.gov.au/state-archives/register-of-access-directionswww.records.nsw.gov.au/state-archives/register-of-access-directions Copy and paste a formatted citation or use one of the links to import it into a bibliography manager. If you wish to change your name or the capacity in which you are registered in the Register of Practitioners, you must write to the court indicating your full name and the date of entry in the register. The property on which your name is entered in the register of practitioners depends on the capacity in which you are entitled to practise before the Supreme Court. Contact information for some lawyers is not published here. Please contact the Law Society of NSW Registry on 02 9926 0156 or by email if you cannot find the lawyer or law firm you are looking for. Log in to add meaningful keywords to this registration to make it easier to find There is no fee to register your name on the High Court Practitioners` Register. A letter confirming that your name has been entered will send you a confirmation. You can apply for a certificate of registration if your name is registered for $125.00. Registration on the HCA DLS portal does not register you in the practitioner registry and does not entitle you to perform your duties in federal courts. Use the three tabs below to search the online directory of NSW firms and lawyers with a recent certificate of practice.